Perfect for a quick and easy Saturday night fake-away. It uses just one pot, so saves on washing up too.
If you prefer you can substitute the tofu for king prawns, which I think also tastes delicious.
Adjust the seasoning to suit your tastes and requirements. As the recipe stands, I think it has a good ‘heat’ my husband thinks it could go hotter. If you like it mild or you are serving to children who might not appreciate the kick, reduce the cayenne pepper or remove completely.
Pour out a glass of wine and get cracking with this Tofu Curry..
Tofu block (1 use Tofoo) 280g
Rapeseed oil – 2 tablespoons
Garlic – 3 plump cloves
Onion – finely chopped
Spinach – 3 big handfuls
Carrot – 1 large diced
Chopped Tomatoes 400g – 1 can
Cornfour – 2 heaped tablespoons
Garam masala – 1 heaped teaspoon
Ground Cumin – 2 teaspoons
Cayenne Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric – 1 heaped teaspoon
Water – 100 ml
1. Drain and chop the tofu into bite-size cubes. Pat dry with kitchen paper, then place in a bowl with the
cornflour and seasoning and toss to coat.
2. Heat a deep-sided pan (then you can use this for the rest of the curry) with half the oil and cook the tofu on
each side until it starts to go golden. Then put aside for later.
3. Heat the remaining oil. Add the chopped onion and diced carrot and cook gently until starting to soften.
Putting a lid on can help with this. This will take around 5 minutes or so.
4. Add the garlic and all of the spices. Mix well to combine and cook for about another minute.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and water, season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer with
the lid on for 30 mins. Add a splash more water if it starts to look too thick.
6. Stir through your spinach and add your cooked tofu (you could substitute for king prawns and add here if you
7. When the spinach is wilted and tofu warmed through, serve.
Serve with rice, sides of your choice (personally, I love a garlic naan) and maybe a cheeky vino.
If you enjoyed this recipe and have an interest in healthy eating you might like to join my community Happy. Healthy. Nourished. Come on over and join the conversation!