Peanut Butter, Banana & Raisin Breakfast Bars
The perfect breakfast for on-the-go people that will keep you full until your next food stop or team with a cup of coffee for your afternoon snack. Also great for keeping little tummies full after school until you can get dinner ready. If you're not keen on raisins you can swap for dark chocolate or leave out altogether. Enjoy!
Want more healthy & nutritious recipes? You'll find them here!
- 200g oats
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 1 diced banana
- 60g raisins
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 350ml semi skimmed milk
- Lightly spray an 8×8 inch square pan with oil or line with grease proof paper. Heat oven to 190 or gas mark 5.
- In a large bowl mix together together the oats, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, raisins and salt. Then add the milk, egg, honey, peanut butter, banana and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour into the baking tin (the mixture will be quite wet) and bake in the centre of the oven for around 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool then cut into 8 bars.
* You can keep these in the fridge for up to 5 days or wrap them individually in the freezer to take out as needed.
* For a lighter snack or when giving these to kids I would recommend cutting the bars in half.
Nutritional Info (per bar):
Kcal: 245 Fat: 5g Saturates: 1g Carbohydrate: 24g Sugar: 10g Salt: - Fibre: 3g
FOR MORE HEALTHY & NUTRITIOUS RECIPES PLEASE CLICK HERE