Quick and easy to make these tasty energy balls are the perfect after school snack, before sport pick me up or on-the-go snack for when you don’t have time to stop. Surprising filling, you’ll find yourself making these time and time again.
One or two per serving depending on how hungry you are. These keep well in the fridge and can also be frozen for another day.
- 100g pecans
- 80g raisins
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon milled flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened desiccated coconut
- splash of water
- Blitz the pecans and flaxseeds in a food processor until fine
- Add the cacao and whizz again
- Add the raisins, peanut butter and maple syrup and pulse to combine. Depending on the consistency you may need to use a spoon to remove the ingredients from the side of the processor and add a splash or two of water. Blend again.
- Put the desiccated coconut on a plate.
- Roll the mix into 15 little balls – if the mix falls apart in your hands, it is too dry and needs a little more water.
- Roll into the coconut to coat
- Store in the fridge and eat whenever you need a little energy boost